ISTE 2015: See iBeacon in action!
It’s almost time for ISTE 2015, which starts this Saturday in Philadelphia and we are very excited about exhibiting at the event for the first time!
Locly is an easy to use self-service iBeacon platform that is being used actively in schools all over the globe to bring digital learning into the here and now. iBeacon is transforming how devices interact with the real world, giving students the ability to explore their physical surroundings like never before.
iBeacon offers so much potential in education for teachers, students and parents. We will be demonstrating this on Booth 1136 in the Ed Tech Start-up Pavilion. Why not come and visit us to see some awesome demos?
We will be demonstrating:
- what is iBeacon and how it works
- creating content in the Locly app and assigning it to iBeacon devices
- creating interactive learning zones with iBeacon devices
- creating audio tours & heritage trails
- sharing using your device as a beacon
- setting up groups for controlled content sharing using iBeacon
- setting up educator and student admin groups for editing content
- linking iBeacon to iTunes U
- using iBeacon with Bookry widgets
- using iBeacon with Google Apps for Education
- app notifications for students and parents
- experimenting with intelligent iBeacon devices (distance, heat, light, humidity)
- creating your own iBeacon app
There are some iBeacon sessions to look out for too, including:
We will be writing blogs and making videos at the event so if you aren’t able to attend keep an eye out on twitter for our updates. If you are attending please come and say hello – we’d love to meet you. See you in Philadelphia!
Look out for details of our ISTE 2015 special offer on @locly on Twitter for all booth visitors throughout the event.