New Feature: Introducing ‘Bookmarks’ for your Locly Native app
New to Locly Native this week is ‘Bookmarks’. This feature lets users to save their favourite cards and collections in your app and refer back to them at anytime. Requested by many Locly Native users, we hope this new feature will be useful for most app projects – especially those with a lot of content. Adding the new Bookmarks feature to your app couldn’t be easier and here’s how you do it in 2 simple steps:
1. Add a Bookmark icon
- Go to any Collection or Card and look for ‘Show Bookmark Tool’ in the top-right hand corner.
- Click the toggle to the ON position (it turns blue). Repeat for any other cards or collections.
- A ‘Star’ icon will now appear in the top-right hand corner of your card or collection.
2. Add Bookmarks to the Side Menu
- Navigate back to the main app screen by clicking on the grey mobile phone icon in the top-left corner. Then click on ‘DRAWER’ in the top blue menu.
- Select the blue ‘Add item’ button and choose ‘Bookmarks’ from the dropdown.
- Change the name to by anything you want it to be e.g. ‘My Bookmarks’, ‘My Favourites’.
- This section will now appear in the app’s Side Menu. Bookmarked Cards and Collections will appear in order of date added, with the latest at the top.
That’s all there is to it! Here’s a few more notes about the Bookmarks new feature:
- Tapping on the star will add a Collection or Card to the Bookmark list.
- Tapping on the star again will remove it from the list.
- Bookmarks will be shown as an Info Card Covers list, but you change this to be another Cover layout such as ‘Avatar’ or ‘List’.
- The Bookmark list can be reset by tapping on the Trash bin icon in the top-right corner.
You can try it out now by logging in to your Locly Native account. If you don’t have an account you can register here for a demo account.